Current Opportunities - CPA - Part-time / Seasonal - Niche is Audit of Financial Statements
If you are in a work situation that prevents you from taking the time off that you need for personal, family or other life commitments, you may want to consider working during our May to July "busy season". If you are currently under-utilized but well-qualified, a part-time or seasonal position may be the way to make the best use of your skills and qualifications.
These are ideal opportunities for professionals seeking a work / life balance, which allows them to participate in our vibrant and growing firm, while at the same time maintaining commitments and contributions they make to other areas of their lives.
The predominant focus of our firm is providing assurance services to the unique and emerging economy of the Arctic. As such, staff members, in conjunction with our senior management team, manage engagements, identify and analyze client needs, and provide clients with remedies, options and advice. Successfully maintaining continual, proactive, positive relations with clients is essential to these positions. At times this requires travelling to remote client locations within Nunavut to service clients at their place of business.
Sample Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and prepare audits, reviews and compilations according to Canadian Accounting Standards
- Perform risk assessments
- Generate and analyze accounting data
- Work with clients' financial personnel
- Prepare management letters
- Participate in meetings with clients and other team members
Professional Profile and Qualifications
You have a good understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles; and the ability to explain technical matters to clients. Additionally, you are capable of working with limited direct supervision and able to sort through and analyze technical issues.
- CPA with recent public accounting assurance experience
- Working knowledge of CaseWare
- Practical and recent experience with corporate and personal tax preparation
Preferable skills and experience
- 3 or more years of post CPA recent public accounting assurance experience
- Experience using Profile
- Experience working with not-for-profit and municipal clients
If this position interests you, please send your resume and cover letter in complete confidence to email@example.com