Current Opportunities - Recent CPA (about 3 years post-qualification experience)
We have an opportunity for a recent CPA interested in seeing Canada’s North. Experience in not-for-profit assurance and accounting services would be an asset. Excellent knowledge of Canadian GAAP and current financial statement disclosure requirements is required. Compensation value is highly competitive and includes housing, travel benefits and generous annual leave.
The predominant focus of our firm is providing assurance services to the unique and emerging economy of the Arctic. As such, staff members, in conjunction with the partners, manage engagements, identify and analyze client needs, and provide clients with remedies, options and advice. Successfully maintaining continual, proactive, positive relations with clients is essential to these positions. At times this requires travelling to remote client locations within Nunavut to service clients at their place of business.
Sample Tasks and Responsibilities
- Plan and prepare audit, review and notice to reader engagements according to ASPE and ASNPO
- Plan and prepare audit engagements according to PSAS
- Perform risk assessments
- Generate and analyze accounting data
- Work with clients' financial personnel
- Prepare management letters
- Participate in meetings with clients and other team members
Professional Profile and Qualifications
You have a good understanding of business, accounting, management, and practice development principles; and the ability to explain technical matters to clients in a non-technical way. Additionally, you are capable of working with limited direct supervision and able to sort through and analyze technical issues. A key to your success is the ability to build relationships through understanding and adapting without compromising personal integrity and professional ethics.
- Accounting designation
- Working knowledge of CaseWare, strong CaseView skills an asset
- Experience in public practice performing audit, review and notice to reader engagements
Preferable skills and experience
- approximately 3 years of recent Public Accounting Experience with an emphasis on assurance services
- Taxation (T1, T2, T3) experience using Profile
- Experience working with not-for-profit and municipal clients
If this position interests you, please send your resume and cover letter in complete confidence to email@example.com